Monday, April 16, 2012

Sensory Bottles

I used to make Sensory bottles all the time and if you deal with kids 4 and under I am sure you have too! I used pop bottles but I feel like these get yellow over time and leak. I saw on Pinterest (http://southernthomas.blogspot.com/2011/08/discovery-in-water-bottle.html)
Somebody using clear water bottles.I decided to give it a try!
 I went to target and bought some
Water bottles. I found them in the workout section.
For the stuff in it I went to the dollar spot and the party section.
I later was given the idea to use the Naked Smoothie bottles.
They worked just as great and gave me an excuse
to be able to buy the yummy drinks!

Here is what I decided to put inside my bottles:
For this one I used rice and little cars being are letter
that week was C.
I used Elmer glue on these bottles but hot glue would also work.
For the Second bottle I used glitter and water.  If you have
it put some food coloring in or oil.



For the third bottle I used pom poms and rice.
I did this one because I wanted to work on colors with the one year olds
and counting with the older ones.
For the forth one I used monkeys and marbles.
This one was the kids favorite one!
And here is the box of things to do with the kids for the next day!
My morning went so much smoother being I had some new stuff for the one year olds
and also the preschoolers!

I made these bottles thinking it would be something fun the the one year olds but it turned out all the kids enjoyed it.

What have you done with your kids this week?

No comments: