Monday, May 23, 2011

Baking muffins

I am no good at baking. I honestly really dislike it. But we are working really hard around here on spending less on groceries. And when picking up our snacks for the week I realized we were spending almost 20 dollars! I like my 100 calorie packs, Jon enjoys chips or crackers and for savanah I try to buy organic crackers or fruit snacks. So I have decided to make our own snacks!
I have started weight watchers so I got on there website. I picked out a muffin recipe which  was AWESOME The first time I made it. So the second day I decided to make double the amount to freeze.............they were HORRIBLE! No one would eat them. One of the children I watch said:
 "Miss Lisa do I have to eat this?"
I said "No if your not hungry"
the child said "no I am still hungry but I don't like this muffin"
 me {dieing alittle inside}

Not wanting to give up easily I decided to try again a few days later. They turned out pretty good however when I went to serve Savanah the muffins Saturday morning
 she said "mommy I don't like those muffins"
me "no I made new one"
her "where r the new ones?"
me "there on the cabinet"
her "where are the old ones?"
me "they are in the three seasons, I am going to see if the ducks will eat them."
her "show me"
me "Savanah don't you trust me"
her "no show me"

I have decided the recipe is very sensitive. If you don't make them just right they taste funny. So I will not be sharing this recipe. Well really people do you want to eat these muffins after hearing the doubt and disgust that three year olds have for these muffins :)
I have found a few good cookie recipes and will share in the near future!

No comments: